Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Loose metal-strap watch: DIY

Have you ever bought a metal-strap watch and found the strap to be too loose? Well, loose but not so loose that removing another link in the strap would solve it?

I had this problem recently and my new watch kept slipping down my wrist all the time. I couldn't remove any more links because it would make it very tight. So, I added a strip of "Mounting tape" to the inner side of the clasp - the part of the strap that touches the underside of the wrist and - problem solved! Just wait for the glue on the double side sticky tape to dry though.

And, I found those plastic topped push-pins to be very useful while removing those links. All you need a mallet or something similar to force the link-pins out. Here's some info - How to.

0 comments: