Some useful articles I read in the past few weeks.
Big data, shared nothing, distributed SQL, in-memory SQL:
- Realtime hadoop usage at Facebook
- Teradata Shared Nothing storage
- Teradata compared with Oracle Exadata
- Slightly dated but comparison doc between Teradata and Oracle
- Apache Derby's tuning docs
- MySQL's in-memory DB options
Disk I/O and time related notes.
Programming and Java:
- The Principles of Good Programming
- JVM Bytecode for Dummies
- Data Structure Visualizations
- Java Concurrent Animated
Until next time,