Happy Halloween! Want to read some scary, low-level, systems related stuff? Here's a short list of very useful articles I read recently:
- What Every Data Programmer Needs to Know about Disks
- Linux IO Scheduler
- Do You Really Get Memory?
- Quake 2 Source Code Review
- The Architecture of Open Source Applications
- Understanding Memory
- Playing with Virtual Memory
- Other links I've mentioned previously
GC horror stories in the .Net world.
Still not scared? How about some math and statistics:
- Ranking data at LinkedIn
- Some more math stuff and other useful miscellaneous Java articles
- Basic R/statistics every programmer should know