Graphs, search and recommendations:
- Under the Hood: Building out the infrastructure for Graph Search
- LinkedIn's Cleo and Search (Cleo claims to have been inspired by FB's graph search)
- GraphLab - another take on large scale, distributed graph processing. Similar to Apache Giraph but not based on Hadoop code.
- Graph Based Recommendation Systems at eBay. Graphs, algebra and Cassandra. (I had to go back to basics to understand slide 9)
- Data, Data, Data: Thousands of Public Data Sources
- Scalable and Flexible Machine Learning With Scala @ LinkedIn
- Big Data, Small Computers (H2O)
- A Practical Intro to Data Science
- Numeric Programming in Scala with Spire
And finally, a nice talk on trade processing and a of paper on MongoDB for finance.