My posts are getting less frequent and when I do post something, I realize that they are mostly just links. Yes, work is keeping me busy.
- Kafka/Hbase tuning
- Apache Tajo: Query Optimization Techniques and JIT-based Vectorized Engine
- "Jepsen II: Linearizable Boogaloo" by Kyle Kingsbury
- "Taming the 9s" by Ariel Weisberg
- Yahoo talks about Spark vs. Storm
- Druid / Building Real-time Systems with Open Source Technologies
- Raft, In Search of an Understandable Consensus Algorithm
- Storm's tuple tracking
- Cassandra 2.1 boot camp, Read/Write path
- Cassandra - Real Data Models of Silicon Valley
- Practice Makes Perfect: Extreme Cassandra Optimization
- Interesting Cassandra projects:
Really? Another Hadoop SQL layer? Another Storm?
For those of you who knew about the original "column oriented stores" and "in-memory stream processing" - KDB - http://queue.acm.org/detail.
- Blocking vs. non-blocking
- AtomicXX lazySet
- Shenandoah: An open source pauseless GC for OpenJDK
Java 8 - the good and ugly bits:
- I'm not looking forward to using Streams and CompletableFuture - JVM concurrency: Java 8 concurrency basics
- Worth the read: What's New in Java 8
posts/parallel-processing-of- io-based-data-with-java- streams
Networks and systems:
- Hardcore tuning - http://10gigabitethernet.
The usual Scala and Go hate:
- Ha! "It's weird to see a young language getting stuck with inconsistent and strange syntax while still being a young language and claiming "historical" reasons"